18 November 2021

you'd want to do

Scented candles remind me of you and I hope – that something else, if not scented candles, remind you of me or of the camels that we rode when we travelled across all those faraway deserts wearing robes stitched from endless sheets of scented dark clouds from which fall droplets of purple-pink rain inside water bottles that once belonged to flying fish that sooner or later realized the necessity of losing excess baggage and let go of their pitchers that they didn’t seem to want when they flew or swam and in a conversation with one fish such, I learned about all of everything that they did and all of everything that you didn’t and for seven years after that I tried really hard not to hold any grudge against you and the cool blueness of your skin made you look like a good-at-heart snake moving outside a window like the promise of a sweet dream

No comments: